Pigment Defense Serum (1 fl oz)
Pigment Defense Serum (1 fl oz)
Arbutin + Kojic +Azelaic
Reveal clearer more radiant skin with this unique illuminating serum that supports the natural renewal process of the skin. A radiance supporting blend of Arbutin, Kojic, Salicylic, Azelaic and Fruit Acids synergistically condition the skin, address areas of unbalanced clarity, reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the recurrence of discoloration (with continued use). Also contains a powerful antioxidant Ferulic Acid, shields the skin from free radical aggression which can compromise radiance and help fight against environmental stressors while offering intensive moisturization.
- Arbutin - is a natural compound derived from plants like bearberry, blueberry, and cranberry. Works more efficiently and faster than other natural lightening agents. Special Feature: Its natural origin and potency make it a popular choice in skincare formulations, often seen as a gentler alternative to hydroquinone.
- Kojic Acid - Derived from fungi or fermented rice, it lightens visible sun damage, age spots, or scars. Effective in treating melasma. Possesses antioxidant properties. Special Feature: It's a more natural alternative to some chemical treatments and can be combined with other skin-lightening agents to boost efficacy.
- Azelaic Acid - A pharmaceutical agent with anti-acne properties, this compound offers both antibacterial and comedolytic effects. It's naturally produced by the skin's microbiome and can also be derived from barley, wheat, and other grains. Classified as a skin-friendly dicarboxylic acid, it is effective in treating various skin conditions including acne, rosacea, melasma, and more. Special Feauture: It not only addresses hyperpigmentation, it's efficacy against mild to moderate acne stems from its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria and help maintain clean skin pores. Given its gentle nature, the acid is suitable for almost all skin types and is safe for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It specifically targets hyperactive melanocytes, the pigment-producing cells, making it ideal for addressing dark spots and hyperpigmentation to achieve an even skin tone. Additionally, it exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells. This is particularly beneficial for clearing the pores of those with oily skin, reducing fine lines in photo-aged skin, and revealing a smoother complexion.
- Ferulic Acid - an antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals and helps to prevent damage to cells caused by ultraviolet light. Exposure to ultraviolet light actually increases the antioxidant potency of Ferulic Acid.
- Salicylic Acid - is a ‘keratolytic’ as it breaks down and exfoliates dead skin cells. Salicylic acid unblocks pores as it penetrates the hair follicle. It is also beneficial for minor lightening of discoloration or hyperpigmentation.
Normal, Dry, Oily, Combination, All Fitzpatrick
Dry/Dehydrated, Acneic, Discoloration/Hyperpigmented, Mature, Environmentally Stressed, Post Treatment and Dermaroller Use